Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just Post It


I know I should be talking about the final four. I mean, that's the big thing happening in sports right now. But I'm just unmotivated. I feel like I should write something. Maybe it will get me in the mood. Instead I'm going to write a little about the stuff I should have been writing about.

I should have written something about the 25th anniversary of the Colts leaving. But after 25 years, a new football team, a Superbowl, and a new image for the city, I still don't know what to say. I don't remember the Colts being in Baltimore. I grew up in a city that was bitter about the way they left. Baltimore was like a spurned lover, they embraced there new team but still get angry and bitter every time the Colts come to town. And likewise, the team always seems to fall apart against the Colts. Like an ex the city is not quite over. We talk a big game, but it still hurts. It's been 25 years but Baltimore is still not over it.

The final four is happening this weekend. I have no clue who is going to win. Right now it's any one's game. I had Michigan State losing in the first round. But they man handled Louisville, the number 1 overall seed. If you've been reading this blog for any period of time you know I suck at predictions. So I'm not going to make any. Any team could win this thing. You're guess is as good and probably better than mine. I won't tell you which team I like, I don't want to jinx it.

Yeah, there's a lot of other stuff going on in the sports world. But sometimes real life gets in the way of blogging.

3 comments:

Curtis said...

I'm not a Baltimore native; I only lived there for four years in school at UMBC, and my fiancee and her whole family are from Baltimore. Regardless, grainy footage of a Mayflower truck at night in the snow still spurns an adverse reaction from me.

Michael said...

i thought there was a little justice with the whole Jay Cutler screwing Denver thing. I grew up hating John Elway for screwing Baltimore...I sort of hope the bears win some super bowls and that someone other than me notices the irony.

Meghan said...

That picture makes me sad. But it seemed appropriate. After all these years and not being old enough to remember the Baltimore Colts I still don't feel over it.